tiny actions can make a big impact
At Inpro, we believe that making sustainable choices isn’t just about products. It’s also about the impact we have on the environment and on our community. We know that every effort, no matter how tiny, can have a positive impact on our community and beyond.
Greenbuild Tiny House Concept
To demonstrate this philosophy at Greenbuild, we partnered with Utopian Villas, to create a custom-built sustainable tiny house.
The structure incorporates various Inpro® products with a wide range of sustainability attributes and showcases our commitment to becoming more environmentally responsible, both in business and in the community.
Besides the fact that it naturally promotes a sustainable lifestyle, this house was constructed with the following environmentally-conscious properties:
- LED Interior Lighting
- Energy Efficient Windows
- Renewable Materials
- Low-Flow Toilet
- Low-VOC Paint
- Our BioPrism® Solid Surface Wall Panels (13% Renewable Content) - Kitchen, Bathroom and Shower
- Solarity® Solar Shades to help control light and temperature to reduce the need for electricity
- Skylight allows natural light to fill the house
The Big Impact
After the show, the tiny house was donated to Occupy Madison (OM Village) a small, sustainable community of tiny houses located in Madison, Wisconsin. Their mission is to create tiny home communities that combat homelessness in the local area. Residents in the OM Village assist with constructing their homes, they cultivate their own garden, they even take part in woodworking with scrap materials to create items to sell; such as cutting boards, bird houses and decor items.
With the donation of this home, Occupy Madison is going to auction it and the proceeds will be put towards building communal areas for residents of the OM Village. Those areas include a community living space, kitchen and restroom facilities. With the addition of these communal areas, Occupy Madison can expand its total acreage to build more homes and add more residents.
On Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 Inpro took a trip to Madison, WI to officially donate the Tiny House to the Occupy Madison Village. Many of the OM Village residents attended the donation ceremony along with several Occupy Madison Board Members. It was a day full of heartfelt speeches and appreciative smiles. The day’s speakers included:
- Amanda Goetsch, Environmental Sustainability Manager at Inpro
- Phil Ziegler, CEO at Inpro
- Luca Clemente, Co-President at Occupy Madison
- Heidi Wegleitner, County Board Supervisor & OM Village Neighbor
After all of the speeches, Phil Ziegler provided the key to the Tiny Home to Luca Clemente officially handing over the Tiny House to Occupy Madison. In addition to residents and neighbors, local media also showed up for the donation ceremony.
You can find some of the stories from the following news outlets:
- Milwaukee Business Journal - Muskego's Inpro donates tiny house to Madison nonprofit
- Isthmus - Full occupancy: New donation will help Occupy Madison complete its tiny house village
- WKOW 27 News - Occupy Madison receives custom-made tiny house
Tiny Sustainable Actions and Inpro's Sustainability Commitment
At Inpro, we believe that making sustainable choices isn’t just about products. It’s also about the impact we have on the environment and on our community. We know that every effort, no matter how tiny, can have a positive impact on our community and beyond. Here are some of our sustainable initiatives:
- Bee Farm (Biodiversity)
- "Green Apple Day of Service" in partnership with the USGBC (Community Awareness)
- Earth Day 5K in partnership with The Nature Conservancy of Wisconsin (Community Awareness)
- Sample Take Back Program (Recycling)
- Adopt-A-Hwy (Environmental Clean Up)
- Manufacturing & Corporate Office Enhancements (Electricity, water reduction, etc...)
- EPDs & HPDs
- Cool Choices Program (Encouraging employees to think sustainable)
- and many more...
As a company, we go to great lengths to create products that not only perform well, but are also manufactured in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. That’s why we are acting on our sustainability principles through many diverse initiatives, including donations like this one.